Cozmo Robot Review http://www.DadDoes.Com I am going to come out and say it – you have never played with a robot like Cozmo! This robot is so full of personality, it is really like a Pixar character came to life and dropped into your living room.
UPDATE 9/12/17: See The Cozmo 2.0 Update and Collector’s Edition –
Let’s get the only negative out of the way – the price. Cozmo retails for $179 and is available now from Amazon –
UPDATE: DEC 2016 – New Software Just Released, See Our Review –
UPDATE: Watch Our Cozmo Hacks and Programming Video –
That may seem high, but you are actually getting very sophisticated and most importantly FUN robot for that price. Here is all the info –
Cozmo is one of the most sophisticated consumer robots available today. Developed by a multidisciplinary team of PhD roboticists, world-class animators, and renowned game developers, Cozmo
represents a major leap forward in the future of play at the intersection of film, toys, videogames, and robotics.
Smarts aside, Cozmo is a real-life robot like you’ve only seen in movies. He’s a gifted little guy who’s got a mind of his
own and a few tricks up his sleeve. He’s the sweet spot where supercomputer meets loyal sidekick. He’s curiously smart,
a little mischievous, and unlike anything ever created. More than a companion, Cozmo’s a collaborator. He’s your
accomplice in a crazy amount of fun.
● Supercomputer on treads – Cozmo is constantly scanning his environment and recognizes people.
● Almost human – With clever facial expressions, highly-reactive body language, his own mood- setting soundtrack
and unique voice tones, it’s like Cozmo rolled right out of a movie and into your life.
● Real emotion – Artificial intelligence allows Cozmo to express a wide range of emotions and to have contextual
feelings based on your actions.
● Decidedly durable – Drop-tested and built to last, Cozmo is tougher than he looks. His 300+ parts are
meticulously engineered to keep him alive for a long time to come.
● Simply secure – Cozmo is as safe as he is strong. A local device- to-device connection means there’s no data stored in the cloud for others to access.
● Software driven – Free app updates keep the relationship with Cozmo fresh and exciting year round. First update
with a new game mode and features planned for December, just in time for the holidays!
Gameplay / Freeplay:
● Never ending play – The Cozmo app is filled with fun content and is constantly introducing new ways to play.
Cozmo even brings his own toys to the game—three interactive Power Cubes that he’s always willing to share in fun games including:
○ Quick Tap – A game of speed and skill between robot and human; the first to tap their cube when the colors match, gets a point. Each difficulty level has slightly different restrictions for the colors and
number of different lights displayed on each cube.
○ Keepaway – Quick reflexes is the name of the game; players gradually move a cube close enough to Cozmo so he can hit it with his lift; pull the cube away before he pounces on it, and watch Cozmo sulk. If he hits the cube, he scores a point.
● Freeplay – Let Cozmo roam free to see him scan his environment, interact with his toys – picking up, rolling over and stacking cubes – or pop a wheelie just to look cool.